When a window of opportunity comes along…how do you act?
Do you go after it with open arms or do you overlook it and just wait for the next? Are you READY to get after and make the most of it? Lack of preparation has cost me many a chance to shine and excel…so I had to learn this lesson the hard way. Have you? If the move of a lifetime came your way RIGHT NOW…what would you do? And even better question is what would you be ABLE to do?
It’s no secret that building our businesses, brands, and talents requires lots of time, energy, and effort. Costs we could even begin to put a cash value on. How can we take advantage of a moment even when we may not have all of our ducks in a row?
- Be sure of yourself. Confidence speaks very LOUDLY even if our business, brand, or talent is quiet at the moment.
- Sell yourself. YOU know what you are capable of bringing to the table. Sell it! Lock it in! Seal the deal! Then DELIVER.
- Always be on the look out. I mean…we aren’t on social media and at networking events and creating content to share just to miss it when someone actually reaches out or acknowledges us.
- Move with expectancy. I guess the word expectancy is interchangeable with the word faith. Act as if you already have what you want and you will draw it right on in.
- Make the first move. In most cases we can’t simply wait for opportunity to come to us…we have to MAKE it happen. And by that I mean create an environment that’s conducive to the outcomes that you want.
It’s a very fast paced world that we live. And there are a LOT of people doing the same things we are. But always remember, they CAN NOT DO IT LIKE YOU. And when the window of opportunity opens for you, make sure you make it your moment to shine.